In this Privacy and Cookies Policy, 'us' 'we' or 'our' means Littl Swim. We are committed to respecting your privacy. Our Privacy and Cookies Policy sets out how we collect, use, store and disclose your personal information. This includes personal information that we collect via the website at www.littlswim.com (including all password protected areas) and any subdomains, all related top-level domains, mobile sites, apps, APIs and widgets.
If you have any questions not addressed in this Privacy and Cookies Policy, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect different personal information from you depending on the circumstances in which that information is collected, including as set out below. We may also collect non-personal information about you including, but not limited to, data relating to your activities on the Website (including IP addresses) via tracking technologies such as cookies, web beacons and measurement software or data relating to survey responses. You warrant that the personal information you provide to us, and which we collect from you, is your own information or information which you have been authorised to provide to us. We may collect the following types of personal information:
- Mailing or street address;
- Email address;
- Telephone number and other contact details;
- Age or date of birth;
- Profession, occupation or job title;
- Credit card information;
- Your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address, Littl Swim web browsing history and standard web log information;
- Details of the products you have purchased from us or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and respond to your enquiries;
- Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our Website and the E-boutique or indirectly through your use of our Website or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- Information you provide to us through customer surveys;
- Any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties. We may collect this information when you:
- Sign up for our newsletter or create an account on our Website;
- Sign up for The Waiting List for a particular product;
- Sign up for a product that is out of stock
- Visit, order and/or purchase products from our E-boutique;
- Communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites; or
- Interact with our Website, E-boutique, content and advertising.
In addition, when you apply for a job or position with us we may collect certain information from you (including your name, contact details, working history and relevant records checks) from any recruitment consultant, your previous employers and others who may be able to provide information to us to assist in our decision on whether or not to make you an offer of employment or engage you under a contract.
Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- To enable you to access and use our Website and E-boutique and to order and purchase products via the E-boutique;
- To operate, protect, improve and optimise our Website, the E-boutique, our business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- To display or publish advertising on web pages that you access;
- To complete sales transactions;
- To send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- To send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting;
- To administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- For planning, product development or research purposes;
- To comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties; and
- To consider your employment application.
We may also disclose your personal information to a trusted third party who also holds other information about you. This third party may combine that information in order to enable it and us to develop anonymised consumer insights so that we can better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience and enhance the products and services that you receive.
Do we use your personal information for direct marketing?
[If you visit the E-boutique and select products but do not complete the checkout process, we may also send you reminders of your uncompleted order and prompt you to visit the E-boutique to complete your purchase.]
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose personal information for the purposes described in this Privacy and Cookies Policy to:
- Our employees and related bodies corporate;
- Third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our Website and E-boutique and/or our business, hosting, storing and management of our customer database or in connection with providing our products and services to you);
- Professional advisers, dealers and agents;
- Payment systems operators (eg merchants receiving card payments, Afterpay);
- Our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- Our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our Website;
- Anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- Specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- Other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
Using our website and cookies
You can disable cookies through your internet browser but our Website may not work as intended for you if you do so.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
The privacy policies that apply to those other websites may differ substantially from our Privacy and Cookies Policy, so we encourage individuals to read them before using those websites.
Accessing or correcting your personal information
If your request is particularly complex, or requires detailed searching of our records, there may be a cost to you in order for us to provide this information.
Making a complaint
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us at email@example.com. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint or the way we handle it, you may make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at https://www.oaic.gov.au/individuals/how-do-i-make-a-privacy-complaint.